Very Best of 2017
There are a TON of reasons why I absolutely LOVE going into a new year. Too many to explain, but one thing I absolutely love most about it is the fact that we can look back at this year and cherish and remember the blessings and things God has given and done for us while forgetting and letting go of all the negative and bad things that tried to break us along the way.
2017 was an interesting year for me. It was a year filled with a lot of learning and growth. Not only did I start a blog that changed my life in SO many ways, but I was blessed with the greatest internship and officially became a journalist. Never did I think I would have my own written articles published so soon and for all the world to see. Through all the experiences this year and networking, there is so much to come in the new year of 2018 and I can't wait to share. There is so much happening and so many doors opening that I can't help but lift him up and thank him. I owe it all to God.
Never did I think my blog would grow and flourish the way it did. I can't wait to do it for as long as I am able. With that said, I want to share with you my top 10 favorite post of 2017. These 10 posts were either my favorite outfits, moments, and learning experiences. These 10 posts were moments and memories that helped make 2017 a year to remember, even through all the craziness and tragedy that endured upon on. However, now that 2018 is near, we have the ability to leave the negative behind. So cheers to a BRAND NEW YEAR!
1. PRINTED THREADS: This post was obviously about my outfit which was by far one of my favs this year, however, this post is my number 1 because I wore this outfit to my FIRST OFFICIAL FASHION SHOW! As I mentioned above, this year was a year of learning and experiences, and I was fortunate enough to be apart of something so memorable and to experience something I've been dreaming of.
2. SO CAL: LAGUNA BEACH, I absolutely love everything California has to offer. Especially the beaches. Gosh, there is so many beaches. However, my favorite after visiting so many during this mini vacation will and will always be Laguna Beach (watching the show Laguna Beach growing up might have something to do with it).
3. Houstonia Interview: No White After Labor Day: Is It Still a Rule?, as I mentioned, one of my greatest highlights would be landing an internship with Houstonia Magazine. Houstonia has taught me so much this past semester and I'm so happy I know what I want to do for the rest of my life and that I love doing it! This wasn't my first article published but it's my favorite. Why? Because I was able to incorporate my blogging and favorite bloggers into the article. The feedback from so many Houstonia readers after this article was released was encouraging and uplifting.
4. BROOKLYN to MANHATTAN: I absolutely love New York and it's where I see myself living soon. Being an editorial journalist might have something to with that. But I love everything about New York. Each area is special in its one way. My two favorite places were, well obviously Manhattan but also Brooklyn. They both have so much to offer in different ways.
5. Interview: Madison A. Whitehead, women empowering other women is something I look to every single day. With everything going on today, women need to stick together and should ALWAYS support eachother. I loved being able to take my bestie Madison's pictures for her business and being able to shine a light on her as a musician and personal trainer. This process was SO MUCH FUN! Love you Mads!
6. POLKA DOT BABE: I love this dress and I loved how these pictures came out. I felt like I was an old time fairytale princess enjoying the outdoors on a Sunday afternoon. (Hahahaha that makes no sense).
7. I GET IT FROM MY MOMMA: On Mother's Day you see a lot of people posting pictures and expressing the love they have for their mothers. Seeing how blogging is such a huge part of me now and my my mom being my number 1 supporter, putting her my mom on my blog (seeing how I do get my love for fashion from her) was a no brainer and made her SO HAPPY and encouraged! This was my way of expressing my love on Mother's Day!
8. CHECKED & RUFFLED: I simply love a preppy look every now & then. This checkered plaid dress WITH ruffles is to this day one of my favorite dresses that I own. And I own quite a bit. HA!
9. TAMMY & IDRIS: If there is anything that I love more than writing and blogging, it's photography. Boy do I love taking pictures and capturing some of the best moments. I'm so happy I was able to capture those memories for one of my best friends Tammy and now her husband Idris. This was such a fun and easy shoot. Love you Tammy & Idris!
10. GINGHAM BLOOM: I honestly think this year was a year of gingham and still is such a popular pattern and print. After this post, you couldn't pay me to stop wearing and looking for any and everything gingham.
These top 10 posts of 2017 were memorable to me for different reasons. I hope you enjoyed this little look back of this year and I hope to grow and get better in the year 2018. Thank you SO much for the love and support this year and for making my first year of blogging so FUN & UNFORGETTABLE! I look foward to changing things up in 2018 and I need your help to do it. So please, feel free to leave comments, advice and suggestions on what you would like to see on my blog in the new year of 2018! Until next year, be safe (seriously, stay safe and be careful) and have a HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY New Year!